May the best act win.
Calling all Victorian music lovers: self-submissions for the 2019 Music Victoria Awards are now open.
The 14th Music Victoria Awards will be held alongside Melbourne Music Week this November and co-presented by beloved community radio stations Triple R and PBS. Ticketholders can expect a festive evening celebrating the Victorian music scene and a chance to mingle with some beloved local acts.
Musical acts can self-nominate for the awards if at least half of the group have lived in Victoria for the past two years. For album categories, the EP or album must’ve been released between September 1, 2018 and Saturday August 31, 2019. Festival and venue staff can self-nominate as long as the festival or venue resides in Victoria. Submissions are free for Music Victoria members.
Self-submissions are open for the following categories:
- Best Regional and Outer Suburban Venue (under 50 gigs per year)
- Best Regional and Outer Suburban Venue (over 50 gigs per year)
- Best Venue (under 500 capacity)
- Best Venue (over 500 capacity)
- Best Festival
- Best Blues Album
- Best Country Album
- Best Soul, Funk, R&B or Gospel Album
- Best Jazz Album
- Best Heavy Album
- Best Rock/Punk Album
- Best Folk or Roots Album
- Best Emerging First Peoples Act
- Best Intercultural Act
- Best Hip Hop Act
- Best Electronic Act
- Best Reggae and Dancehall Act
- Best Experimental or Avant-Garde Act
- Best Regional and Outer Suburban Act
Submissions for the Music Victoria Awards close at 5pm on Saturday August 31. For more info, head to the Music Victoria website.