Recipe by Shelby’s Healthy Hedonism
The healthier way to indulge.
There’s no better way to beat the winter cold than with some soul-warming comfort food. If you’re on the hunt for a delightfully fruity fix that doesn’t weigh you down, look no further than this winter mixed berry crumble recipe.
- 500g fresh strawberries (tops removed and halved)
- 500g frozen mixed berries
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp tapioca starch
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 100g butter, cubed
- 2x 40g Shelby’s Raspberry & Dark Chocolate Dipped & Dusted almonds
- In a bowl, mix together fresh strawberries, frozen mixed berries, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and the tapioca starch and combine well.
- In an oven dish, add the mixed berry mixture and spread evenly.
- In a food processor, add brown rice flour, rolled oats, coconut sugar, butter, 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract and 40g of Shelby’s Raspberry & Dark Chocolate Dipped & Dusted almonds. Pulse to combine.
- Layer crumble mixture onto the mixed berries in the oven dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Serve warm topped with vanilla ice cream and remaining Shelby’s Raspberry & Dark Chocolate Dipped & Dusted almonds.