We headed along and took some shots of 'Seven Songs to Leave Behind', a performance that saw a host of Australian music icons perform seven songs from a specific creative criteria.
An event that has picked the brains of the likes of John Cale, Meshell Ndegeocello, Dan Sultan, Rickie Lee Jones, Gurrumul and Sinead O’Connor saw each of C.W. Stoneking, Sarah Blasko and Ali Barter perform a series of songs that were special to them.
Across the seven songs, each of the songwriters touched on the following criteria:
1. Their first song/the song that made them famous
2. A song they wish they’d written
3. A song to share with the other artists
4. A song by Leonard Cohen
5. A song selected by the audience
6. Their favourite song from their own repertoire
7. The song they want to be remembered by/would have played at their own funeral