Quick, easy, and healthy; if you need something to keep you going all day though this winter, nothing beats oatmeal. Rolled oats are among the most nutrient-dense foods you can eat. Perfect for slow-release energy, they are full of antioxidants and fibre and can lower cholesterol – though quick oats don’t contain the same benefits. Great for those avoiding sugar and, if you leave out the fruit and milk, it’s a wonderful natural face cleanser, too.
- ½ cup rolled oats (not quick oats)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond / coconut milk by Bruce
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- 1-2 tbs honey or maple syrup (to taste)
- 1/3 cup Born Cultured Vanilla Yoghurt (dairy free)
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- Sliced bananas
- Fresh blueberries
- Crushed nuts
- Anything you like, really
- In a sealable jar or container, add all the ingredients together and mix well.
- Leave in the fridge overnight.
- When you’re ready to eat, just add your toppings and enjoy!
Grab all your groceries from an Aunt Maggie’s retailer in Carlton, Fitzroy and Malvern. Head to auntmaggiesorganics.com.au for more info.