60 Seconds With... The Khyber Belt
Define your genre in five words or less:
Old-School New-Age Space Rock (hyphens make two words one yeah?)
1. Bearing the terrible clichéd nature of this question, what do you reckon people will say you sound like?
2. What do you love about making music?
Before you walk into the room, there’s anticipation and empty space. After you’re done, there’s a living, breathing something that has the ability to effect people on a soul level. And dancing. Dancing’s rad.
3. What do you hate about the music industry?
There’s no money in it. You can either sell your soul and work in the mines, drive a forklift or do something else that’s not your life’s purpose, or you can forfeit your financial future and be in a band. It’s awesome.
4. If you could travel back in time and show one of your musical heroes your stuff, who would it be and why?
Frank Zappa would be so unimpressed with anything anyone would show him, surely.
5. So, someone is walking past as you guys are playing, they then go get a beer and tell their friend about you... what do they say?
“Man. I don’t know what just happened, but I’m nude, I’m covered in hundreds and thousands and I’m floating. Have you seen my keys?”
6. Which band would you most like to have a battle/showdown with?
.hinge. They’d kick our ass, but at least we’d get to see them play one more time. Miss that band.
7. When are you playing live/releasing your album/EP/single/etc?
Our self-titled EP is being launched this Saturday April 28, at The Espy Gershwin Room. And it’s blue.
8. Do you have a pre-gig ritual? If so, what is it?
Vodka shots and band hugs.