Venue Manager At Ruby's Music Room
A new music venue and restaurant, with an emphasis on jazz, classical, opera and world music is looking for an experienced venue manger.
Ruby’s is an eclectic, stylish venue and restaurant, featuring a Steinway D piano, bentwood chairs and tables, parquetry flooring, elegant light fittings and a range of collectable objects from worldwide, including Cuba, New Orleans and China.
Ruby's Music Room will be opening in late September/ early October and is looking for full time, experienced venue manager who can start immediately.
The key responsibilities will be:
• Managing live music and private function bookings
• Operating ticketing software
• Facilitating live video streaming, video recording and production
• Managing publicity for the venue
• Online profile management
• Social media marketing and networking
• Managing casual staff - including restaurant, bar, sound and lighting technician
• Ensuring APRA procedures in a live music environment are maintained
The ideal candidate will have a qualification in event management with a minimum of three years experience in a similar role or a significant background in the industry. The candidate will have a knowledge and appreciation of the relevant music genres.
Key selection criteria:
• A demonstrated interest in the arts and knowledge and appreciation of the relevant live music and performance genres.
• Must have an awareness of the technical aspects of video, sound and lighting production.
• Demonstrated ability to update a content managed website and the venues social media networks.
• Experience liaising with advertising channels - including communication with various radio stations, publications, websites, etc.
• Proficient computer skills for Mac. Including database, calendar and email skills.
• Strong written & verbal communication skills and the ability to liaise effectively with government authorities, employees and the public.
• Experience in coordinating a busy calendar of events.
• Must be highly organised & possess excellent time management skills.
• Skilled in the use of Adobe Creative Suite software
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Applications for this position are now closed.