Major Donor & Foundations Manager At Melbourne Theatre Company
Melbourne Theatre Company is looking for a talented, experienced and enthusiastic philanthropy professional to help us raise funds.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Be responsible for the development, execution and maintenance of MTC’s major donor strategy that covers all aspects of philanthropy, in particular an annual giving program, bequests and support from philanthropic trusts and foundations.
- Coordinate and execute a program of prospect development through research, analysis, planning and networking.
- Increase prospect awareness of MTC fundraising goals through marketing, promotion and the development and creation of new tactical fundraising campaigns.- Lead, coordinate and where appropriate delegate, the ‘asking’ activity for new and existing donors, requesting support from MTC Board of Management when required.
- Conceive sales and relationship building events and oversee their implementation by the Events & Fundraising Manager and/or Philanthropy Coordinator.
- Be responsible for the major donor fundraising budget, ensuring the financial targets are met and funds are allocated appropriately, including the accurate recording, reporting and analysis of results
- Maintain relationships with relevant State and national institutions and organisations to ensure the upholding of best practice.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding matters pertaining to individual donor support and the operations of the department and MTC.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of implemented strategies and provide reports and recommendations to the Development Director and General Manager when required.
- Manage the coordination and administration of fundraising activities, research and sales information and outcomes, ensuring accurate records are maintained and included on the Tessitura database.
Skills and attributes:
- Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, be self-motivated and determined, and work in a dynamic team environment.
- Demonstrate a flexible approach to work and an ability to meet changing priorities and demands, and attend out of hours functions as required.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills in relation to liaising with senior management, peers, donors, artists, and other related external contacts and members of the public.
- Proven success in managing and maintaining external relationships with high profile and/or senior business people in a fundraising environment including the ability to undertake active and effective research on prospective donors.
- Well-developed computer literacy skills including the ability to competently operate business productivity tools (e.g. word processors, spreadsheets, email and calendaring) and business applications (e.g. Tessitura, business specific database systems).
To apply, please email applications to:firstname.lastname@example.org - applications close on Friday August 24.