Label Coordinator At Sony Music
Sony Music is seeking an energetic and passionate individual to join our Commercial Music Group.
Reporting to the General Manager, Commercial Music Group, you will be responsible for developing Commercial Music Group projects by assisting the division’s staff and executing marketing plans. The role also includes providing Personal Assistant duties to the division’s General Manager.
Specific responsibilities of the role include the following:
• Provide PA duties, including diary & email management, answering telephone calls, travel & expenses;
• Assist division staff in the release of titles ranging from compilations, back catalogue, special project, soundtrack, country & classical releases;
• Support marketing staff with organising photo shoots and video shoots and creation of press ads and TVCs
• Send and coordinate mail outs and invites to gigs and events, as well as assist in the planning and execution of those events;
• Update artist websites & Facebook pages with content including news, tour dates, photos and status updates;
• Assist the promotions & publicity division in press releases, mail-outs, setting up artist interviews with media and giveaways;
• Digital servicing of singles, albums & clips to media & radio;
• Write weekly newsletters for external country radio & media; and
• Develop reports, documents & presentations for the division.
To be successful in this position, you must have:
• 1 to 2 years experience in the music or entertainment industries in a marketing, promotions or publicity role;
• Extensive knowledge and interest in all genres of music;
• Outstanding communication and customer service skills;
• Strong attention to detail and time management skills;
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, especially Word, Powerpoint, Excel and Outlook;
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
• Ability to work both autonomously and within a team environment; and
• Tertiary qualifications will be highly regarded.
Applications for this position have now closed.