Global Marketing Manager/Label Manager For The Cat Empire
The Cat Empire is looking for an experienced record marketing/label manager with a proven track record across all aspects of the development and delivery of album campaigns.
The band will independently release a new album in 2013, and we are looking to expand our team to deliver this globally. The new team member we seek will ideally have global experience, but extensive Australian experience will also be regarded favourably. Must have delivered campaigns for successful/high level bands.
The role entails, but is not limited to the following areas of expertise:
- Development (with management) of global marketing campaign/strategy/timeline for 2013 global record release including:
- Product development, creation of key tools – bios, photos, video clips etc, advertising, press/publicity, promotion, TV, radio, online strategy (in consultation with external online strategist), social media, retail – physical, retail – digital (in consultation with external digital retail strategist), launch/other events, strategy for back catalogue.
- This will involve also working across tour advertising/promotion/PR to maximise marketing/promotional dollars.
- Development (with management) of budget for the above, and responsibility to delivering on budget.
- Responsibility for roll-out of above campaign, including but not limited to working with existing partners/suppliers and recruiting other new partners in each territory (key territories are Australia, Canada, UK, Germany, Switzerland, Netherlands, France) including publicists, radio pluggers, marketing partners and distributors.
- Also the central liaison point for promo assistant, online assistant, digital marketing and distro company, graphic designer/s, web designer/s, other consultants/suppliers as involved in the marketing campaign roll out.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- A high level of experience
- Strong creativity and ability to generate unique ideas
- Professional acumen
- Great communication skills
- High energy/enthusiastic about the band and industry
- Reasonable/high knowledge about The Cat Empire
- Self starter
- Super organised
- Able to work autonomously
- Ability to lead and instruct people effectively
- Ability to keep to timelines
- Budgetary experience
The position will entail mutually agreed success measures/album targets. The role will have a direct report to the Manager of The Cat Empire. Melbourne based position. To start October/November 2012 to be discussed, continuing through to approximately July 2013. Standard office hours apply, some outside work required. Great office environment and professional but relaxed approach. Involves some local and international travel. Monthly contract fee to be negotiated.
Applications for this position are now closed.