Fundraising And Events Manager At Melbourne Theatre Company
Melbourne Theatre Company is looking for a talented, experienced and enthusiastic fundraising and event management professional to help us raise funds.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Be responsible for the coordination and implementation of all events staged by the MTC Development Department.
- Plan and manage fundraising activities and events such as (but not limited to) gala dinners, cocktail functions, opening nights and any other activity that supports the MTC fundraising strategy and achieves agreed revenue.
- Oversee all budgets associated with events, responsibly managing risk and resources and ensuring that appropriate records are maintained.
- Liaise and supervise external contractors in relation to event coordination, including relationships with caterers and other support services.
- Manage the relationship with internal and external customers in relation to events and activities being coordinated.
- Develop strategies and take action to achieve minor donor and membership targets by delivering; a package of benefits, activities and incentives that are highly valued by all MTC audience sectors – members, subscribers, single ticket buyers; effective promotion of Member’s activities and events; and effective acquisition and retention strategies.
- Be responsible for the final output of material for minor donor and member communications, including all written and electronic correspondence and promotions.
- Manage the coordination and administration of fundraising activities, research and sales information and outcomes, ensuring accurate records are maintained and included on the Tessitura database.
- Be responsible for the Member’s budget, ensuring the financial targets are met and funds are allocated appropriately, including the accurate recording, reporting and analysis of results.
- Maintain relationships with relevant State and national institutions and organisations to ensure the upholding of best practice.
Skills and attributes:
- Proven success in managing and maintaining relationships with high profile and/or senior business people in an event management or fundraising environments.
- Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, be self-motivated and determined, and work in a dynamic team environment.
- Demonstrate a flexible approach to work and an ability to meet changing priorities and demands, and attend out of hours functions as required.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills in relation to liaising with senior management, peers, donors, artists, and other related external contacts and members of the public.
- Well-developed computer literacy skills including the ability to competently operate business productivity tools (e.g. word processors, spreadsheets, email and calendaring) and business applications (e.g. Tessitura, business specific database systems).
Applications for this position have now closed.