Executive Assistant At APRA|AMCOS
APRA’s objective is to make life a little easier for songwriters, composers, and music users. Australian copyright law makes songwriters and composers the exclusive owners of their original music and lyrics. Nobody else can use their work without getting their permission first, and if necessary, paying a royalty for this use. This is where APRA|AMCOS steps in.
APRA|AMCOS is a not-for-profit organisation that collects royalties on behalf of its 67,000+ members, and by agreement, for all the copyright owners around the world. An excellent opportunity exists for a seasoned Executive Assistant who can provide high quality executive support to the Director of Licensing Services who drives the Department’s policy formulation, strategic development, business review initiatives and dispute resolution.
This role will require you to understand and work with technical processes and, at times, complex dispute issues. To succeed in this role, you'll be highly self-motivated with excellent time management and organisational skills, and a demonstrated ability to plan and prioritise effectively.
Key Duties and responsibilities of the role:
- Undertaking research and project work in areas including: new business and revenue growth, business processes and client disputes
- Correspondence and dictation
- Diary, email and file management
- Travel bookings
- Expense reconciliation
Essential skills required:
- 3 to 5 years experience in a similar role
- Exceptional level communication and interpersonal skills
- Competent numeracy skills including intermediate excel
- Demonstrated experience in undertaking research and project work
- Previous role working in a corporate office environment
- Timeline compliance and organisational and prioritisation skills
- Ability to work under pressure and with competing demands
Undergraduate degree or equivalent
Ideally you are:
- Consultative, assertive, organised & proactive
- Personally accountable, responsible & committed to the organisation's success
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, driven, mature, empathetic and resilient
Applications for this position are now closed.