Cross Media Reporter At triple j
Hack, triple j's daily youth affairs show, is seeking a multi-skilled program maker to create stories across radio and online.
As a cross-media journalist, you will publish original stories to the flagship Hack radio show, including packages and live crosses. You will also publish multimedia showcases to the Hack website that involve photos, audio and video.
Your stories will originate in bold, accessible and relevant program ideas for young Australians, 18 - 24.
This position requires an advanced level of technical skill - audio editing, video shooting and editing online publishing - alongside proven editorial judgment and high level experience in researching and conducting interviews.
You'll work closely with a team and be able to take direction. You'll also go it alone on occasion, travelling around Australia in the search for young stories.
- Proven experience in developing and producing creative, accessible and relevant program content including live and packaged field reports for radio. A demonstrated creative approach to story construction and delivery for radio and online.
- Proven experience in radio with accomplished editorial skills and judgment. A demonstrated ability to break original stories and initiate, research and conduct interviews.
- Thorough knowledge of web publishing/multimedia, including digital storytelling, image manipulation, writing for the web and using social media.
- Very strong and detailed knowledge of key issues that are relevant to, and affect the 18-24 audience. An ability to create cross platform stories that engage this audience.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines. A proven team player with the ability to go it alone when necessary with strong interpersonal and motivational skills.
- Proven ability in working with/and detailed knowledge and understanding of modern broadcast technologies and digital editing systems such as Protools or Final Cut Pro.
- An understanding of and commitment to the ABC's aims, objectives and workplace values, together with relevant policies and guidelines including Editorial Policies, Equity & Diversity and OH&S.
Applications for this position are now closed.