Band Booker At The Espy
One of Melbourne’s much loved music venues is on the search for a band booker to join its team.
Not for the faint hearted! The ideal candidate must possess:
- A minimum of 3 years working at a venue of similar capacity
- A very strong contact base within the music/promotions industry, with an emphasis on live music
- A phenomenal understanding of the current live music scene
- Exceptional, outstanding organizational and communication skills
- Strong drive and pro-activity
- Common sense and great lateral thinking
- You must above all have a strong ability to multitask effectively and roll with the punches.
We are especially on the lookout for someone who has:
- high levels of interpersonal communication skills, someone who is able to comfortably deal with artists, artist management, booking agents, venue management and venue patrons. A knowledge of the operation of the music industry, including an understanding of the going rates for different sorts of acts and acts of various degrees of success, is essential.
- We need someone who understands what musical genres suit our establishment and the customer demographic of the venue, effective networking is required to access the kinds of artists our venue wants.
- You will possess excellent administrative skills, managing budgets, scheduling entertainment and be able to work closely with our strong and experienced team. You will constantly be liaising with the publicist and putting to use daily your knowledge of social networking to advertise and promote gigs.
- As one of our dedicated bookers you are responsible for negotiating the engagement details such as performance fees, in-house technical services and times of set-up, sound check and performance with the agent, the artist or the artist’s manager. It is important for our booker to be responsible for quality control of the entertainment. This may involve providing feedback to the performers and technical crew and collecting opinions from venue patrons and relating same back to our management.